The Good, the Bad and the Funny
Karen's From The Past Experiences
What We Have in Common, Getting to Know Each Other Better-Contest
An August Challenge in ActiveRain
We all have numerous experiences we might like to share with our friends and readers of our blogs here in Active Rain.
This challenge is asking for only ten which seems fairly simple especially from our past.
1. I worked in a Mister Donut shop for one night learning how to make donuts. I quit after my first night shift because the donut maker was trying to seduce me while making the donuts.
2. I was kicked out of a timeshare meeting in Mexico. I was with Frank and our best friends trying to get a free snorkeling trip for attending a timeshare meeting. The woman providing the information started to ask us too many financial questions so we told her it was none of her business. The discussion turned a bit heated and the boss came and asked us to leave. No snorkeling trip ...
3. While volunteering as a Candy Striper in my local hospital on the male ward I accidentally filled all the mens urinals with ice water thinking they were water pitchers.
Years later I applied for a job as a registered nurse and the Director of Nurses remembered me as the little candy striper who filled all the urinals with ice water on the male ward. Oh by the way, she hired me...
4. I was raised in New York and remembered one winter we had a severe blizzard where they actually had to close school which was unheard of back in the 60's and 70's. It was only for one day but it was a really big deal for New York schools to close.
5. When I was in the fifth grade there were five "Karen's" in my class. We had to pick out of a hat different versions of Karen. For the entire fifth grade I had to go by the name "Kay".
6. I once cut off 13 inches of my gorgeous blonde hair and donated it to Locks of Love.
7. When I finished nursing school I wanted to become a pediatric nurse and work in New York at Bellevue Hospital. During my interview the Director of Nurses sadly said there were no positions available in Pediatrics. She asked me if I would consider a position in Psychiatry. I was so excited to be offered a position I replied "Yes" not really knowing what I would be in for. It was an amazing experience but not for the faint of heart ....
8. As a young child I wanted to become a nun ... my godmother explained what becoming a nun entailed so I changed my mind and became a nurse.
9. One time when I was suppose to be watching my little sister I lost her. One minute she was pushing her doll carriage and the next minute she was gone. Our neighbor two blocks away saw her walking by herself pushing her doll carriage and called my mother to come get her. Funny thing it was our local doctor's wife and she knew it was my sister. Boy did I get in big trouble for that one.
10. I liked to make forts with the boys in the neighborhood in the woods. One summer I stepped on three nails. The first one was a rusty one and the doctor gave me a tetanus shot. Boy did my butt hurt from that!!
Well, I hope you enjoyed Karen's past experiences and after reading a few from other people here in the Rain I have come to realize we do have some past experiences in common.